Friday, February 12, 2010

34 weeks - only six weeks left!

Here I am at 34 weeks pregnant (sorry, I cut my head off). Thebump.com says the baby is about the size of a large honeydew melon (though I think our guy is bigger), which is fitting, because the size of Jeremy's "honey-do" list continues to grow every day. :)

We're in full-nesting mode right now, putting finishing touches on the baby's room (building the dresser/changing table, hanging pictures, etc.) and washing baby clothes as we receive them. I had a baby shower last weekend, and have another one next weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!


The pregnancy continues to go pretty smoothly, I'm handling the gestational diabetes okay, but it continues to get harder to keep my blood sugars under control. I've found I have to walk 50-60 minutes a day now to produce enough insulin. I don't want to go on meds or insulin, so here's hoping I can control my diet enough for the next six weeks without it!


Baby is nice and big (a week ago he was 5 lbs, 4 oz) and I'm having contractions every day, so the doc thinks I'll deliver a little early, naturally, which would be nice. He just says I have to make it three more weeks (to 37 weeks) so that I don't have to be flown to Spokane for the NICU. I REALLY want to deliver here in Pullman!


My guess? Wednesday, 3/17. :)

2 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

You look amazing and I can't wait for you shower!

Kathy said...

Matt and I are so excited to meet the little guy! 6 more weeks...how exciting!