Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Foray into the world of "food"

Isaac turned 4 months today (Happy Birthday, baby!), and we got the green-light from the doctor to try infant cereals. These are really thin grain cereals mixed with breast milk, providing a little extra iron to baby, and teaching him "how to eat." Today we tried rice cereal, which is usually the first to try, because it's really easy to digest.

Here's a little photo essay of our attempt.

This is how I knew he was ready to try eating - total fascination when mom and dad eat:
Step 1 - So excited to be in the new high chair and ready to eat!!!
Step 2 - First bite - no idea what's going on, but open to a new experience.
Step 3 - A couple bites in - "Hmmm, okay, this is yummy. Gimme that spoon!!"
Step 4 - "Mommy I am DONE with this. I gave it my best, but I am NOT hungry anymore."

I call the whole experiment a success (for the first try). He definitely needs more practice with this eating thing, but I'm proud of him for trying! I think I should try eating cereal before he gets his bottle - he had just finished eating 5 oz of breast milk when we tried today. I guess it's a learning process for both of us! :)

2 comments:

Scott Randall said...

Fun to follow your tribulations and FUN. Sounds like you are like many stay-at-home moms: fun, but Tough work! Each passing month will be more and more fun with Isaac, so enjoy. Hope you get a job soon if you want one (I don't have a real one, and it is pretty nice. Now, the bills???)
take care,
scott

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

Yep, I figured that same thing out after our first try...food first then boob!!! I love his hair! So cute!