Friday, July 15, 2011

What would you pay for 2 extra hours of sleep?

One of the things I love about our house is the big windows in every room. I've lived in places that feel dark with teeny windows, and I love the light and open feeling in our house. That said, this environment is not conducive for toddler sleep, especially in June when the sun rises at 4 a.m.

I am not okay with getting up at 4 a.m. Hence, the need for blackout curtains in Isaac's room. These were pretty simple to make, the tabs on top being by far the most challenging and time-consuming portion. I just bought fabric and blackout fabric, stitched them together, and added tabs. They've worked pretty well so far! I'd say total price for the project was around $20, a bargain for two extra hours of sleep.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cute Ivy! Want to make some for our room? :)