Thursday, April 23, 2009

Idol

First, let me start by saying:
"Those who regard vain idols forsake their faithfulness." Jonah 2:8

In the past, I have always enjoyed watching American Idol, although I will admit that the show is infinitely better when watched on DVR, because then you can fast forward through Seacrest's silly babble and the rough performances. This season, I knew it was all going downhill when the focused in on "bikini girl" for not one, or two, but THREE episodes.

Then we got to the top 20, and they started doing group performances. Oy, vey. In the past, these have been great! But this year, they're all cheesy and lip-synced, and boring.

Also, Paula Abdul has gotten increasingly crazy every single year. I did find out that her contract expires this year, and I'm hoping that the addition of fourth judge Kara Dioguardi is meant to ease the impact as Paula leaves the show. She brings nothing to it, constantly telling the contestants they were wonderful (despite how horrible they were), besides her goofy choreography last night.

I don't mean to sound like I'm ragging on the show. I really like Kara and Simon, and I praise the show for finding some truly great talent over the last 9 years.

But the funniest part of all this season is how it is so clear cut that Adam Lambert will win it all, and nobody else has a shot, despite how lovable Danny is or how cute Kris is.

No comments: