Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Jingle Bells

For the record, I do not tolerate snow on the ground in mid-June. I will be writing my congressman about this at once.
I understand that a little snowfall in June is just one of those quirky eastern Washington things that happens every year and makes this area so unique. What I do NOT understand is when that quirky snowfall actually develops into snow on the ground.
I haven't had the heat on in my house for over four weeks, and I refuse to turn it on now, even if my house is 59 degrees. Apparently I need my parka outside anyway, so I'll just wear it indoors as well.
Speaking of parkas, as I left my house this morning, the kids at Sunnyside Elementary were at morning recess, and they were all bundled up in their snow boots, parkas, and gloves, building snowmen. Did I mention this is the last week of school for them?? They should be picking flowers and playing soccer.

1 comment:

jessiparkert said...

Only one word comes to mind "YUCK!"