Thursday, May 7, 2009

HGH Much?

As I said yesterday, we saw Wolverine last night. I liked it, because I'm a dork and I love comic book movies. Actually, after looking over my list of movies I want to see, I'm realizing I kinda like guy flicks (with the exception of My Sister's Keeper). But that's okay, I guess. Just means my husband will be more willing to tag along.
Things I liked: Well first, the most obvious - there was lots of man-flesh in this one. Producers were pretty hesitant to cover up Hugh Jackman's beefed-up physique, since the most he ever wore was a wife beater. And not only that, but there was Ryan Reynolds (who played Deadpool, and will soon have his own X-Men Origins movie). And there was Taylor Kitsch (from Friday Night Lights, who plays Gambit).

Okay, once you've gotten over the hotness (who doesn't like muscles, really?), look at the picture again. Hugh Jackman has never been that big and veiny, and holy cow, since when is Ryan Reynolds that huge? I know Hollywood is big on HGH (300, anyone?) but COME ON. They look like Hulk Hogan after finding out his daughter had a sex tape released.

I don't mean to post a million pictures of men (really) but here are Jackman and Reynolds "before" pictures:






Skinny-minnies! (by comparison)
Okay, so back to the movie review. I liked it a lot, and we even waited around after the credits for the 30 second clip. I liked that there were cameos by lots of mutants (Cyclops, Emma Frost, Silver Fox, Wraith, Agent Zero), but I didn't like the ending. I won't go into detail, for anyone who plans to see the movie, but let's just say it was a waste.

2 comments:

jessiparkert said...

Did you wait until after the ending credits? Everyone told us to wait and it was a bit disappointing, but I really liked the rest of the movie as well. The effects were pretty amazing!

Ivy Wang said...

Yeah, we did, and I agree - it was not all it was cracked up to be. You're right though, the special effects were great. Did you see how many studios they hired to do them? Like 15 different special effects companies. Whew!