Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Movie Review - Star Trek

Jeremy and I saw Star Trek on opening weekend (Sunday matinee) which confirms his Trekkie-status (that, and he giggled his way through the movie) and makes me the nerdy tag-along wife. But I'm okay with that. The theater was full, which is consistent with the movie's $72 million opening weekend. (WOW) I haven't seen much Star Trek (movies or TV) but Jeremy watches reruns now and then, so I know who the main characters are, which made following this a little easier.

The Good: I loved pretty much all of this movie. The casting was dead-on (one review I read said Zachary Quinto was born to play Spock - I agree), the action was amazing, the plot line was good, and it was FUNNY!

The Bad: I would actually say there was a little too much action. We barely got to know the characters, since they were constantly fighting or getting beaten up.

Anyway, I know I liked this movie, because I've never had a desire to see Star Trek, but after seeing this one, I can't wait for the next! As a matter of fact, I think I would pay to see it again in the theater. Maybe.

1 comment:

nitesh said...

Looking forward to watch the film