Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Review - 17 Again

This weekend I saw 17 Again and Star Trek. Today's review is for 17 Again:

The Good: Zac Efron is a bona-fide STAR. That kid can do it all. And his character in this movie wasn't overly cheesy (like his High School Musical character), but I am starting to wonder if he can do anything besides play a "basketball-playing jock." We'll see.
This is your typical "go back and try your life again" flick, and of course it has a predictable "I guess I did things right the first time" ending, but I knew it would be like that, and they do a great job with the humor and storyline. Also, Thomas Lennon as the nerdy best friend is fantastic, and the source of most of the great comedic lines.

The Bad: Oh, this movie is SO predictable, and had some incredibly awkward scenes (sex education class). Also, I thought Matthew Perry was sort of "dry" as the grown-up version of Efron, but his character was supposed to be downtrodden, so I guess that works.

Overall, this was very cute, and funny. It's almost done in the theaters, so I suggest you wait a month or so and rent it. Very cute!

No comments: