Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh, PR, where art thou?

Summer TV sucks. No, really. I've always been known to be someone who maybe watches a little too much TV. But even I don't watch most of the crap that's on in the summer. ABC has such jems as "Wipeout," "Dating in the Dark," and "I survived a Japanese Game Show." NBC is currently airing "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here." HBO one-ups them all with the new show "Hung," (warning, link is PG-13) which, if you can't guess what it's about, well, that's probably okay.

Oh, but let's not forget Fox's "More to Love," which is literally "The Bachelor" for fat people. Nice.

For the last five years, the only thing I've watched in the summertime is So You Think You Can Dance, which I still LOVE, by the way. That's the only DVR timer I've got set right now.

Okay, that's not true. I've started watching this new ABC Family show, "Make it or Break it." It's about a foursome of gymnasts who train at "The Rock" in Boulder, CO., and it may be one of the worst shows ever made. Don't judge me.

Anyway, there was always one glimmer of decent TV amidst the tidal wave of crap. And that was Project Runway. It's now been over a year since season 5 of PR aired. I was thinking the other day, "Where is my beloved Project Runway?" I know you were thinking it too! Well, I'm here to answer your question. Project Runway has been dropped by Bravo, and picked up by Lifetime, and season 6 will premier on August 20th. Thank goodness! You see? They've "made it work!"

Here's a little teaser video for any fans out there!

Just got back from Ohio at midnight last night. Photos and stories to come.

1 comment:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann said...

I agree "so you think you can dance" is the best show in the summer!