Thursday, July 23, 2009

Warranties are our friends

So as you know, we bought a "new to us" car last month. I still love it. However, on Tuesday evening, we were on our way to see Harry Potter (which was okay, by the way), and I went to get something out of the backseat, and the door wouldn't open! I was so frustrated and annoyed that I just said "I'll deal with it tomorrow."

Now, the nice thing about buying a Hyundai is the warranty. All Hyundais come with a 10 year/ 100,000 mile warranty on the engine, and a 5 year/60,000 mile warranty on all car parts. And even when I bought the car used (it's a 2007), it still had that factory warranty. So I drove down to Wysup Hyundai in Lewiston yesterday to have them check out the door.

As it turns out, both interior panels on the rear doors had come loose, causing them to get jammed when you try to open the door. In an hour, they had them both fixed, and fixed two other problems with the car (factory mandates - the speedometer and brake light), at no cost to me. Woot!

I've never had a car with a warranty before, since I've never bought a car this new. I love it. They gave me a bill that said Total Charges: $85.42. You owe: $0.00. That is what I like to see.

No comments: