Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Golfing with the Plewmans (National Lampoon's Family Outing)

There are times when my life is watching-the-paint-dry-boring. There are other times when I think I could have my own reality TV show (not that I would want it). One of those times came this weekend when the Plewman family went golfing at the par-3 in Spokane. Oh boy. Where to start.

My dad didn't even hit balls with us because us three ladies are such embarassingly novice golfers. Corrie hadn't really ever golfed before, besides once at a par-3 with some friends. My mom's gone before, but not in over two years. And I'm very much a beginner, getting overconfident sometimes and almost always having no control over my long shots.

So Bruce became our coach/caddy, giving advice on where to aim, what club to use, etc. He was uncharacteristically patient, even with Corrie, but he looked so exasperated that the club house worker gave him a free beer after six holes!! Us girls were constantly worrying about the weather and taking our sunglasses on and off that it's amazing we actually kept up with the group in front of us. There were a few temper flare-ups, but that's why we put the fun in disFUNctional!

All in all, it was a fun day and I did pretty well (my mom and I tied at 39 for 9 holes). I even got a birdie on the 2nd hole!

No comments: