Thursday, May 29, 2008

I am PRINCE CASPIAN.

I finally saw Narnia last week, and loved it. I thought it was interesting, since usually when books are adapted into screenplays, whole scenes and even plotlines get chopped out. Not so with Prince Caspian - they actually added a whole little plot diversion that doesn't happen in the book! Other than that, it was pretty much identical. Of course that means a 2 1/2 hour film. I loved it. I think the kids developed into better actors, and they did a better job with the animals of Narnia - see Reepicheep.


For those who have not read the books (and I would highly recommend it), Caspian is a Telarmine prince, meaning he isn't a native Narnian. The Telarmines apparently have Spanish/Italian accents, so I couldn't help but laugh whenever he said things like "I am Prince Caspian," sounding like some silly Italian model. Think the Spaniard from The Princess Bride: "My name is Inigo Montoya--you killed my father--prepare to die!"

There's a lot of epic battles, including killing, but no blood, to keep the PG rating. Bottom line - I loved this. Either go see it or rent it this fall.

No comments: