Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ironman

Saw Ironman last night. I thought it was really fun. It had the fast, witty banter I like (my favorite was the opening scene line about "I don't want to see this on your MySpace page. No gang signs. Just kidding, throw that back up. Peace, I love peace. With that, we'd both be out of a job.") Ironman (Tony Stark, played by Robert Downey Jr) is cool because he's just a regular guy who wants to protect people. And by "regular guy," I mean "billionaire playboy," reminiscent of Bruce Wayne (Batman).

The movie is appropriately exciting with lots of explosions (a necessity in any good superhero movie). It has a typical, predictable plot, which would be my only complaint, since I pretty much knew what was coming 15 minutes in. No real surprises. I was surprised at how perfectly Downey Jr. was cast, though. He fits the role perfectly (and looks mighty good, might I add). Go see!

No comments: