Friday, May 30, 2008

Old Indy

My thoughts on Indiana Jones the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull are as follows.

1. I had low expectations. Really, I mean a 65-year-old action hero? No offense to the geezers out there, but I thought I would be worried about him being...you know...fragile. Also, I had heard less-than-positive reviews of the movie.

2. I'm happy to report that I was surprised! The movie was good - I thought they took the plot in the exact right direction, and the new characters are great! I especially liked Mutt's 1950's style cynical teenage attitude.

3. Although I was enjoying the film as I watched it, (really, I was) I was constantly thinking about the Disneyland ride that would come of it. "Oh, here's the part where you plummet down the waterfall on the ride." and "Oh, there's where you think your feet will be gnawed off by flesh-eating ants." etc. Oh well, I guess I knew that's what I was signing up for!

4. My biggest criticism was Kate Blanchett's ridiculous Russian character. For goodness sake - she sounded like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle!! Also she uses this riduculous rapier sword and her hair never gets messed up, no matter how many dusty caves she crawls through or waterfalls she swims down. Come on.

Anyway, I say go see it. It's a lot of high flying fun!

No comments: