Friday, May 2, 2008

Movies

I LOVE movies. I always have. My idea of the perfect date has always been dinner and a movie. If I'm bored, I usually pop in a movie. I've always wanted to be a movie critic, so here's my chance to review movies for anyone who cares. I'm planning to see the following movies this summer, and will write short reviews of each, in case you're interested:
Iron Man (5/2)
The Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian (5/16)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (5/22)
Sex and the City Movie (5/30)
The Incredible Hulk (6/13) - An Ed Norton/Liv Tyler re-do of the debaucle that was the 2003 Ang Lee film.
Get Smart (6/20)
Wanted (6/27)
WALL-E (6/27)
Hancock (7/2)
The Dark Knight (7/18)
Tropic Thunder (8/15)
But to start: LEATHERHEADS (4/4)

I really liked this film, written by Rick Reilly (formerly of Sports Illustrated). It's witty and fun, mostly due to good acting and strong dialogue. However, the plot is too slow and muddles through the middle. The ending is fitting and fulfilling. I would recommend this for a rental this summer. I can never get too much Clooney, and you gotta love Jim from the Office. (John Krasinski)

No comments: