Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July weekend

I hope everyone had fun over the long weekend! Jeremy and I went to Coeur d'Alene Lake to my parents' float house, and lazed around until Sunday morning at 5 a.m., when we drove into town for Jeremy to compete in the 1st Annual Race The River Triathlon. He did a FANTASTIC job for his first triathlon. We were exhausted by the time we got home last night, but that was exactly what I would have asked for a holiday weekend. I've posted pictures below. More pictures available on Facebook. I think I'll spare my sister the embarrassment of posting the drunk video I took of her. Aren't I nice?
Corrie teaching Jeremy to play Cribbage.
Jeremy and me on the porch of the float house.
The men's transision area at Race the River.
Jeremy getting set up (5:45 a.m.).
Jeremy's start group - males 29 years and younger. (1/2 mile swim)
Starting the bike leg. (11 miles)
After the run portion (5k). Jeremy had a GREAT finish time! 1 hour, 18 minutes. He was 9th in his age group, and I'm very proud!

1 comment:

jessiparkert said...

kuddos to Jeremy. That is awesome!