Monday, April 14, 2008

Mom's Weekend

I have survived another Mom's Weekend in Pullman. I would never have beleived the insanity of this event until I actually lived here. Thousands of moms from all over come to Pullman to see their kids and generally forget that they are grown-ups so they can get drunk and act insane. They drive like maniacs and rumor has it that condom sales increase by 100% on Mom's Weekend. I'm not sure if I beleive what that implies, but what I do know is that these moms are totally out of control.

The last two years, I escaped Pullman on Mom's Weekend and went to Spokane to avoid the hysteria, but now I have a job that requires me to be here, so I guess I'd better get used to it! Besides, I suppose it's a great boost to the economy and all that.

I did have a lot of fun this year, attending:
* The Cougar Football Women's Huddle on Friday night
* The Cougar Football Spring Scrimmage on Saturday
* Two Cougar baseball games (a win on Saturday and a loss on Sunday)
* The year-end WSU Spirit Banquet
* A fun dinner party, and
* Dinner out (yes, we got into a restaraunt) with a longtime friend from out of town.

All in all, I had a fantastic weekend with temperatures being in the 70's. Got a sunburn but it was totally worth it!!! Hooray for making the best of a crazy weekend!

No comments: